Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Fore!

So I'm still feeling pretty great these days, even though I've passed the official 7 month mark. Definitely getting less agile, but still going.

This weekend I went golfing. Ed wasn't sure this was such a great idea, but I asked the Dr. if there was any concern with the twisting, and he said I would be fine. I'm certainly no John Daily when it comes to my 'power swing' so I think it was a safe bet!

I was a bit concerned that this big belly would make the game that much more challenging (as if I need more of a challenge than my existing non-athleticism!). However I actually think I played better! Perhaps the extra weight behind the swing coupled with a new center of gravity is just the trick! We only did 9 holes and it was an executive course (4 par 4s, 5 par 3s), but I walked the whole thing and pulled my own clubs. yeah me! (I'm all for the small victories these days). Check it out, I even had a cute golf sweater - and really, its all about the outfit!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home