Monday, July 10, 2006

Last but not leashed

Scott Adams (Dilbert Author) is hilarious.... Read this today and wanted to share:

"Yesterday I was trudging the 47-second commute from my office to my home and passed a father taking his two-year old son for a walk. On a leash.

Yes, the man was walking his child like a dog. The leash design was ingenious. It was actually a backpack/harness arrangement featuring a puppy as the backpack, with the leash coming from the puppy’s tail area. The kid seemed delighted with the arrangement as he strained against the leash. And the father had no worries about the kid darting into traffic for at least two good reasons:

1. The kid was on a leash.
2. There was no traffic.

My first reaction to the kid on the leash is that it was humiliating and wrong. But the kid seemed happy enough. And so it made me wonder if the father is ever tempted to take it to the next level, i.e. walking the kid naked and picking up the turds with a plastic bag. That has got to be easier than changing a diaper. If it weren’t, dogs would wear diapers. I think that’s obvious. And once you’ve decided that humiliation isn’t an issue, all bets are off. "

Hmmm... he might be on to something here. Of special note is that mom has a picture of me wearing some sort of harness, tied to a post. I don't know where or when the picture was taken, and I'm not saying it was a leash, but it still seems a bit sketchy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home