Monday, June 12, 2006

I LOVE my birthday

I know I'm getting old an should stop enjoying bdays, but Ed rocks! Every year for the last few years we've done something really fun, and now of course, I expect it :-)

This year we went to St.Andrew's by the Sea and stayed at the Algonquin.
www.fairmont.com/algonquin

It is stunning! Kim & Dean joined since Kim and I have bdays only a few days apart. Also Mom, Don and Heather and Jamie came along for fun. Boys (and Kim) golfed. Heather and I spa-ed. We definitely got the better deal since it poured rain all weekend. They only did 9 holes and then quit. We had the most fantastic dinner and brunch the next day. Only thing missing was the booze... and Ed drank my share for me.

So that's it, my last bday on my own. Next one will have a baby and lots more to worry about. Oh well. Maybe my bday present next year can be baby sitting from Nany and I can still spend the day at the spa.

2 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

I'm so happy to hear that you had a Happy Birthday. That Ed! So Sweet! Jason's planning on punching him in the head the next time he sees him.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Peg Leg said...

Liz, tell Jason to punch him once for me too. There is a chance Sheri will read this and then I will be in big trouble come October. grrr @ you Ed :-) Sounds like a great birthday Marney!

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home